The City of Clever Municipal Code, Chapter 205 requires that all dogs within the city limits of Clever be annually licensed. Dogs are required to have a licensed tag attached to the collar when in public.
You may stop by the City of Clever City Hall to collect a license form or print out your own. The form along with a current photograph, proof of current rabies vaccination, and spay or neuter certificate will need to be submitted. Previous records, pictures, or information cannot be used when renewing a registration. The City does charge a small fee for registration. The form along with all information will need to be turned in to City Hall.
In accordance with the City of Clever Code, Section 205, Vicious dogs are any of the following.
- Any dog, whether or not running at large and whether or not unrestrained, that without provocation has bitten any person not a trespasser causing serious physical injury to that person.
- Any unrestrained dog, whether or not running at large, that without provocation has attempted to bite any person not a trespasser which would cause serious physical injury to that person.
- Any unrestrained dog, whether or not running at large, that without provocation has placed any person not a trespasser in apprehension of immediate serious physical injury.
- Any dog that has killed another dog or other domestic animal without provocation.
- The dog will be required to be on a leash and have a muzzle when outside of a confinement or kennel. The dog will be required to be confined indoors or in a secured outdoor enclosure that can be locked.
- The owner must display signs using the word “Beware of Dog”.